Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Looking To The Hills

          Yesterday, the girls were in a panic over our rooster, Duke. He was laying on his side  digging his feet into the wood chips, which resulted in him spinning in a circle. The description reminded me of a clip I vaguely remember of Curly from the Three Stooges laying on the floor spinning. They told me that he couldn't get up.  By the time I came down to the barn, we realized he COULD stand up because he was standing next to the barn door, a little wet...but fine. I'm still unsure why he did that, but I saw the matted circle left from his spinning.  I could be just like Duke these days. When I wallow in negative thoughts, I have the same silly circle dug into my mind. I run and run, but go nowhere. Looking up is what I need to do.
            Today, moving and everything that goes with it seems much more real. Adapting to change is not my strong suit. It makes me tired and weary. I've honestly been struggling for the past few days with just feeling tired and wanting to bury my head in the blankets. I miss my hubby, and I miss just relaxing and taking in the warmer summer weather. I don't feel like decluttering, and getting the girls into a cleaning routine to prepare for the showings that I anticipate.  However, I don't believe that God wants me to live by how I feel. Thank God that I have learned that I have a choice in the matter.
            Psalms 121 has become one of my absolute favorite chapters of the Bible. Today, as I began to feel weary this Psalm started playing in my head,  like a much loved LP. The first four verses say, " I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." I was outside at the time, and when I looked at the hill behind our house I could feel God's presence and strength filling me up with what I need for today. I don't know what you are facing today, but I know God is watching over you the same way that He is watching over me. All you need to do is look up and cry out. His strength is there for the asking. 

2 comments:

  1. Our hens do this sometimes to give themselves a "dust bath," which is actually a healthy way to keep them cool, clean themselves, and get rid of any bugs. Glad he wasn't dying!!!

    Praying for strength and endurance for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! Thanks...I will pass it on to my chicken aficionados. Thank you so much for your prayers!!

      Delete