Thursday, September 20, 2012

Just around the bend

     Yesterday when I read "Jesus Calling",  I was gently reminded of our tough day just one year ago. My hubby left his very nice paying job in March of 2011 to take a lower paying job with a start-up company, only to have to leave six weeks later. At that point, he started a home business. What a roller coaster ride that was! In late June, he began consulting for the company he currently works for, but the position only ran through the end of September.  I remember starting our first year of homeschooling very unsure of what our future held, while firmly trusting that God was sure.
      The company was pleased with my hubby's performance, and interviewed him for a position that he was very interested in. I thought clearly God had provided this as an answer to our prayers. One year ago yesterday,  we found out that they had decided to hire from within. I was so sad and disappointed--not with my hubby, but with God. Where else could I turn to though, so I continued to pray and believe that something out there was better for us.
     Little did I know that October 24th would be the start date for my husband to have the position he truly desired. I didn't know what was right around the corner. I couldn't see the future. I want to encourage you that if you are in a tough spot today that God can see the future,  and He promises to be with you till the day you die. He has an awesome plan for you, just hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment