Friday, August 3, 2012

Blessings counted

     Today as I was swimming just down the road from where we live, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for all God's blessings. Our friends graciously allow us to swim anytime we want, and that alone blows me away besides their kindness in other ways. I'm so thankful for that generosity...it's like living down the road from a spiritual set of parents.
     We also now live just down the hill from a spiritual sister as well. Remember when we were without water? We had one emergency set of sheets that we needed washed (because of an accident my little one had), and she graciously allowed us to wash our sheets, and called me when they were dry.
     Then there were all my dear friends and neighbors that brought us meals on just the right day at just the right time. God has really blessed us in the past couple of weeks despite a few discouragements.
      Last, but certainly not least of all...drum roll, please...my hubby is no longer commuting three hours a day as of this week! This is two months sooner than we expected.  It has been so wonderful for the girls and I to listen to him read "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" out loud every night since our TV is still packed away, and we are in no hurry to get it out. It is a great thing to have our evenings back as a family!
     "Oh how grateful and thankful I am to the Lord because He is so good. I will sing praise to the name of the Lord who is above all lords. " Psalm 7:17 (the Living Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment