Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Moving Limbo

           Well it is almost a week later,  and there is still nothing settled with our septic issues other than the fact that our tank is much cleaner...we are still waiting on our second opinion. Each day I call the office, hopeful that today is the day, the day for good news. The company has been out twice. Will tomorrow be the big day? Will it be good news? I have no idea.
           I do have some really good news about Kansas. We have found a new home where the seller has accepted our offer. The first home's owners  weren't willing to sell their house for what we thought it was worth, so we moved on to our second favorite-a ranch home with two ponds and twenty acres. I think a couple of cows are in the near future. The ranch house is smaller than our current home, but after living in a larger home, I know what is really important to me....ample bedrooms and more than one full bathroom. This house has four bedrooms and three bathrooms. Hooray!! It has been nicely maintained too. For all of you concerned about twisters in Kansas, yes, it does have a finished walk-out basement with a lovely fireplace...and an attached garage, outbuilding and barn. The little ones are excited to have a swingset again, and I'm excited to have a huge porch/deck...the beautiful rose bushes in the front are a nice touch. As long as inspections go well, we should be moving in a little less than month.
           I feel like we are kind of in limbo right now...just waiting. We're in Illinois, but not for long. We are squeezing in lots of playdates for the older girls, which tonight meant I spent an hour changing out cedar chips, food and water for all fifteen animal. Then there was the coralling of the chickens into their cage...I could have been out there all night except that our three year old and five year old helped me. Our four month old grinned from the stroller and watched me run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Our five year old runs faster than any of the chickens. and caught the two rebel chickens that evaded my coaxing.
            I'm also trying to finish my 24 hours of continuing education to keep my x-ray license while we have a lull in the action. I'm not typically a big procrastinator, but when it comes to reading educational articles about "sinus pericranii", it's a bit challenging to find undistracted time to focus long enough to find the answers. I've completed 10 hours in the past week. (If you want to know about congenital anomalies of the spine that happen during organogenesis, I'm your girl.)
            We are beginning to have a dirrection and a bit of a deadline, which is good. I like to feel we are making progress. It still remains to be seen how exactly we will transport and house our 9 hens a-laying, 1 rooster crowing, 2 ducks a-quacking, 2 cats meowing, 1 dog barking, and 5 young children...I'm sure it'll be memorable!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment